- ONE JTM can mean different things to different people, but generally it is intended to embody a team of office and craftsmen and women collaboratively building the communities we live in and shaping future skylines with expertise, passion and integrity.
- ONE JTM represents a culture of family, teamwork, safety, camaraderie, and treating each other with respect and family values.
- ONE JTM is here to build not only buildings but relationships that last our lifetimes.
- Together we are ONE JTM.
Safety is Our Number One Core Value
JTM is uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, trade partners, customers, the public, and the communities we work in and around. JTM is committed to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting collaborative and comprehensive safety. We require individual accountability and corporate accountability and expect all employees to adhere to our safety standards, and actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Providing safety leadership is a fundamental part of our business. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including upper management, project management and supervision, and the individual craftsmen and women on our team.
How Our Safety Standards Exceed Requirements
Our safety commitment is evidenced in our culture of continuous training and industry leading corporate policies.
- Field foremen and project engineers receive OSHA 10 training within 90 days of their hire date, and they receive OSHA 30 training before being promoted to the next level.
- Superintendents and project managers receive OSHA 30 training within 90 days of their hire date or promotion.
- All foreman and above, including project managers, project engineers, and upper management are CPR/First Aid certified.
- Every Thursday we lead focused safety training on relevant job site hazards and general safety topics.
Industry Leading Policies:
- Dropped Object Protection will be used when personnel are working in an area located six feet above ground level, adjacent to or elevated relative to other personnel, and working in or around sensitive equipment or third parties. All shafts, open sided floors and stairwells will be considered areas where dropped object protection shall be implemented.
- A PFAS is required in all powered platforms, we believe this gives the operator the highest chance for safe operation of the platform.
- JTM Caution Tape and Danger Tape Policy:
- Caution Tape – An individual can pass through the area if you know the hazard and use caution.
- Caution Tape with Signage – An individual cannot pass through the area until the individual contacts the person controlling the sign.
- Danger Tape with Signage – An individual is prohibited from entering any danger taped areas except for the individual(s) that installed the danger tape with signage.
Pre-Task Planning and Execution:
Starting with a plan is the best and only way to ensure a successful project. JTM likes to dig into the details. We start our mornings with a plan for the day. These plans can change throughout the course of a day, but we believe in the process. JTM attributes our continued safety successes on our projects to early implementation of safety, pre-task safety planning and from buy-in from our project teams and trade partners to a comprehensive safety culture and focus.
Trade partner Qualifications:
- Copy of Subcontractor State Contractor’s License
- Business Licenses
- Safety Manual
- DART/TRIR Rates
- Certificates of Insurance evidencing your coverage for:
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Auto Liability